Catch22’s approach to safeguarding all of our learners is founded in the nature of our relationships. We prioritise assessing and managing the needs of our learners and have a dynamic approach to identification, assessment and response to risk.
The school aims to ensure that:
- Appropriate action is taken in a timely manner to safeguard and promote children’s welfare
- All staff are aware of their statutory responsibilities with respect to safeguarding
- Staff are properly trained in recognising and reporting safeguarding issues
In order to fulfil this responsibility effectively, all practitioners should make sure their approach is child-centred. This means that they should consider, at all times, what is in the best interests of the child.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined as:
- protecting children from maltreatment,
- preventing the impairment of children’s mental and physical health or development,
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care, and
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Include Norfolk fully recognises the responsibility we have to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people.
What to do if you have any concerns
As a parent, carer or member of our community you may become concerned about the health, safety and welfare of a child who attends Norfolk Include.
You should contact the school and ask to speak to one of the Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) if you are;
- concerned that a child is not safe
- concerned that a child may not be safe
- think a child might be being abused
During school hours (8:00am to 4:30pm) you should either phone 01603 401515 or email email@example.com.
If you have serious concerns because you think that a child might be being abused (physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse or neglect) you should contact the Children’s Services Department at Norfolk County Council by phone on 0344 800 8020 (24 hours).
For all emergency situations please call 999. Should a person be a victim of this crime, our advice is to report it immediately to police.
Key Safeguarding Contacts at Include Norfolk
If you wish to contact the school with a safeguarding issue please email Philip.Hinchliffe@catch-22.org.uk or phone 01603 401515 and ask to speak to a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL):
- Philip Hinchliffe, Head Teacher (Lead DSL)
- Carol Hardwick, Curriculum Learning Lead Kings Lynn (Deputy DSL)
- Terri Finch, Curriculum Learning Lead Norwich (Deputy DSL)
- Jazmin Alexander, Curriculum Learning Lead Great Yarmouth (Deputy DSL)
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
Philip Hinchliffe, Headteacher and Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
Information for Students
If you think you or someone you know is being abused, or neglected, or have any safeguarding issues that you would like to report, or simply get some advice on, you can do this by using this link: Report a Safeguarding Concern
Any reports made on here will be shared with Gemma Roberson, the Head of Safeguarding for Catch22.
Student Safeguarding Useful Links
Information for Parents
Include Norfolk works with many other organisations and agencies to support and safeguard the young people with whom we work.
If you are worried about yourself or someone else, the following links may be useful in directing you to an organisation that can help: